Welcome to Blog of the Sierra Nevada's Greatest Wedding Getaway

Here is a meeting place for those in love and planning their own "greatest celebration"; a haven for our magisterial couples of years past whose memories should always be a couple keystrokes away; and a warm welcome for those recently inaugurated into the living dream of their Forest House wedding.

Saturday, January 26, 2013

Chef Mark


Chefs Advise for our Brides and Grooms; Eat off the same fork now & then. It is very sensual and reminds people of your connection. 
(Do it in public.) 

To Our Brides, Grooms, Friends and Family,

Like so many young professionals, I began my culinary career as a young man simply wanting to survive and sustain a lifestyle. How things change...that was 1975 and in thirty-five years I have had the good fortune to meet and work with some of the most incredible and influential people in the culinary industry. These incredible luminaries helped shape my career and skills, and they taught me the essence of food, they taught me the elation of fine cuisine. Of these experiences, it is Forest House Lodge that has allowed me to “give back” to people through one of the highest forms of love I know - cooking for others. I am so glad that you have chosen to trust us in serving you on your day.

Our kitchen team that will be preparing your cuisine has over 70 years of collective experience and are proficient in many types of cuisine and are always keeping up with trends in health and diet, organic farming, and in sustainable foods as well. We understand how important the tradition of sharing a meal is and what a great part food plays in the making of your special day. We strive to make everything we produce during your event the best we have ever done and our goal is to give you quality beyond your wildest expectations.

We are always open to suggestions, our non-wedding days are available for consultations and we are always up for a challenge! My kitchen has a motto in fact, and it might suffice to tell you that we live by it each and every weekend: “Making Memories, Delivering Dreams and (my personal favorite) Exceeding Expectations”. My intent is that our tastings instill the confidence in our quality and a belief that
we can surpass your goals for this cornerstone event in your life.

Please feel free to converse with me at your tasting so we can further the details of your culinary plans. I do love to talk food! To your love, health and long life.

S.M. Cook Executive Chef Forest House Lodge 

Some fun facts about Chef:


2 girls
He was born and raised in Naples Italy as a Navy Brat
His hobby is music
Favorite colors are Red and Gold

No comments:

Post a Comment